“You have helped me and my family a lot. You were professional, organised, structured, polite and reassuring throughout the process…. A big thank you to you and the team.”
ICAT provide advocacy support to any Bradford and District citizen who wants to make a complaint about an NHS provided or funded service anywhere in the UK. (Basically, if you pay your council tax to Bradford and District Council, we can work with you.)
Completely independent from the NHS, the service is funded by the local authority. It is a citizen's statutory right to have advocacy support in making NHS complaints. The service is free and confidential and works under your instruction only.
Knowing who to contact, what your rights are, how the complaint process works etc can be a confusing process for anyone, but at times of illness, bereavement and distress the process can seem so very daunting.
Advocates listen to your concerns and suggest options for ways forward, supporting you in how you choose to go forward - this can be calling service providers to try to get informal short-term resolutions (e.g. getting issues with prescriptions resolved or arranging for a service provider to talk things through with you.); helping you make a formal complaint by writing letters for you, attending resolution meetings with you and helping you access the Health Service Ombudsman at the right time in the most effective way.
If you need support with an NHS complaint contact us at [email protected] or call 01274 770118